Thursday, September 2, 2010

Loyalty VS. Stupidity

This word or its meaning rather must be up to interpretation because there are many people screaming it but most of those same people do NOT practice it at all. I myself am loyal to a fault. If you are a friend or family member who I am close to or significant other you will know that without question. Those are the people that I would wake up in the middle of the night for to do practically anything short of going to jail for. Why? Because they would do the same for me.

I have been loyal to people who have not deserved that kind of devotion and I damn sure ended up falling into the stupid category, but we all live and learn and should do better right? Right!! I think with loyalty comes respect and understanding. This person knows me, knows what I do and don't like and stands by me through thick and thin. When I'm crying over something, or something bad has happened or shit when something great has happened and I want to share it with my friends they are there. My closest friends I have experienced great highs and lows with them and they even offered to help me whoop ass, which I clearly would never let my friends do. I was called unloyal once because I supposedly turned my back on somebody when they disrespected me. That one act is why we pretty much aren't even friends right now. There are three things I don't like... .like A LOT!! Lying, embarrassing me in public, and airing out my personal business in public. Shit like that causes me to become a bitch and I really hate when that happens. Was I there for that person for EVERYTHING? Hell yes, but to them I was unloyal so I failed the ultimate test. My point is apparently what I viewed as being loyal they didn't and vice versa.

Now, stupidity... this is what I see a lot of people see loyalty as. Being loyal to somebody does not mean you should sacrifice your beliefs, freedom, and self worth. Stupidity is the people who said that Tiny should take the rap for TI since she didn't have previous charges. Stupidity is to allow yourself to be disrespected because you know that he didn't really mean it. Stupidity is for anyone of us to put somebody else before themselves that isn't even your damn mother!!

Today I watched the opposite sides of the fence tweets about loyalty and once again it was hood vs suburbanites. Chicks talking about Tiny should have taken the wrap for him. Igga what?? You forgot she has kids to take care of?  *face palm* Yes you hood folks can always say, we don't know shit because we didn't grow up in the hood, but what happened to the people who did grow up in the hood that still say its bullshit?? What was their gov't cheese different?? Or did they just choose to go another route? Or let me guess.. sell out? And let me not forget about the people who actually grew up out the hood but desperately want to live the "hood" lifestyle, y'all deserve a special type of fuckery award.

Yes we all have grown up different ways and view life differently but some things should be universal. There is a thin line between loyalty and stupidity and people shuffle between the two everyday B.

*Cedes*

No comments:

Post a Comment